The Gospel of Christ
God's Word is the Bible. He wants us to trust in Him and what He says because He loves us. That is called the Gospel--a word that literally means "good news." Here is the good news that is the Gospel: (If you don't have a Bible, you should get one! For now, you can go to esvbible.org.
- The Creation (Genesis 1-2): God created everything. Out of nothing. With no atoms or subatomic particles or even laws of physics yet, God created everything there is. He also created humans, and He made them in His image to be perfect.
- The Fall (Genesis 3): God created people to have free will. That means He created us to think and act on our own. God
loves us, and he wants a relationship with us. If we were "programmed" to love Him, it wouldn't really be love.
Because of this, the first people, Adam and Eve, were tempted by Satan to do the one thing God told them not to do--eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. They did it anyway, and sin entered God's perfect creation. Sin is doing anything against what God has commanded, and everyone has done it. It separates us from God and makes us spiritually dead. But there's more! Read on.
- The Rescue (Romans 5:8): God sent his Son to die for all humanity at the hands of the Roman Empire on a cross. He was born of a virgin, lived perfectly without ever sinning, died, and miraculously rose from the grave three days later. He took our place on that cross--the punishment for sin is death and separation from God. By trusting Him, we can have a relationship with God once again.
- The Return (John 14:1-3) Someday, Jesus is coming back. He will create a new heaven and new earth, and everything will be made right. No more sin, no more sorrow, and no more death. However, God is also just. Those who don't trust God will suffer His just punishment, which is separation from Him forever in hell.
- Your Response Religion teaches that to reach heaven, you must do certain things. Do this; don't do that; obey this; don't be like that. But Christianity is not a religion. Jesus doesn't tell you to be good; He says you aren't good, but that He will accept you anyway and make you better. All you need to do is accept Him into your life and trust Him that He is enough. Then, He will start to transform your life and make you the person He made you to be. If you want to become a Christian, I'll warn you up front: It's not easy. But He will give you peace and joy, and it will be worth it to know your Creator and Savior. Click here to learn how to become a Christian.
If you still have questions, I'd love to answer them! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.